Self Marketing tips and tricks

Good morning from frozen Michigan! I thought that a thread with some tips and tricks for self promortion would be a good idea for those with little experience. Everyone can share some ideas, I hope!
I would like to share an ecommerce site that I have found very helpful in the past. Great tips in this issue about SEO:

http://eb.auctionbytes.com/cab/ebi/y209/m01/ebi0004/s01

Also, this online merchant directory for those of you who may not have heard of it. Just another place for you to get your name out there.

http://www.everyplaceisell.com/

The more places out names/products show up, the more potential customers we may have.

HOpe this is helpful for some of you!
Marcia
www.moonswepttreasures.com

Now, back under the blankets for me before my toes fall off!! Eek
Original Post
One more thing---- don't forget to get your business cards/flyers/coupons ready for your packages. My new business cards came, they are AWESOME and I have handwritten (on the back of about half) a little message thanking them for their business and offering 15 percent off future purchase when they mention the card on their next order.!!
Michigan feels like the "New Alaska" it is incredibly cold here. Snow falling daily. Frown I am not a snow bunny so it is not real appealing to me.

Great information here. I also have been putting together my business cards and promo materials with coupons and special offers.

VERY excited to get into the new store Cool

Have a wonderful day all.
quote:
Originally posted by Lisa @ Handbags4Hunger.com:
Thank you for all the helpful tips, eveyone is so friendly here! Love that handwritten note idea on the business cards MST - but what if your handwriting is terrible (like mine) !?!

It is 1 degree here in Wisconsin as we speak....mind numbingly cold, are you in the UP of Michigan Terri?

I already have what I need. I also like the handwritten note but my hand writing -- umm - could be better. I have coupon codes printed on "return address labels" to stick on the back of my business card then just sign my name. Just an idea to share Wink
Good place on the net to custom design your own labels (return, etc.) with company logos or whatever, including the web address of your store.

Must purchase lables from them (very reasonalble), then use your code to print your designs made with their FREE label design maker application on their web site on the blank labels purchased.

If your label design consumes ALOT of ink, probably better to get the labels printed at a professional printer in larger bulk.

http://www.onlinelabels.com/
quote:
Originally posted by terristreasures:
Here is a link to a site that I use alot for printing my marketing supplies. They do a very nice job and the prices are good. FYI: The standard shipping is perfectly fine unless you really want them quicker than say 3-5 days. I have always gotten mine within that time frame.
www.vistaprint.com

I use these all the time in the UK. Good Prices and Customer Service.

Terri, I need some input on something, I just emailed you.
quote:
Originally posted by 1stProject:
quote:
Here is a link to a site that I use alot for printing my marketing supplies. They do a very nice job and the prices are good. FYI: The standard shipping is perfectly fine unless you really want them quicker than say 3-5 days. I have always gotten mine within that time frame.
www.vistaprint.com

1st..
I didnt get an email..?
quote:
quote:
quote:
www.vistaprint.com

1st..
I didnt get an email..?

It's been done through tweeter
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
www.vistaprint.com

1st..
I didnt get an email..?

It's been done through tweeter

ok
I buy my labels from onlinelabel. My biggest seller is return address labels, which is why we decided to keep the Ebay store for a bit longer. I have over 400 store listings (and that isn't even close to half). And the quality is excellent! I also use them for my bath and products. You can't go wrong with their labels!

And the business cards from Vistaprint are great too! I am working on getting some with my web address - as soon as I decide what it will be.
For handwritten notes, do you have a program - like Print Shop - that has a font that would fly as handwritten? I do my 'Please remember feedback' labels in a handwritten font. And do write 'Thank You' on the invoice. It is cheating. But, I send out an average of 20 packages on a slow day.

It's an idea for those of us that are 'challenged' in the handwriting department. Smile
quote:
Originally posted by selling4aliving42272:
For handwritten notes, do you have a program - like Print Shop - that has a font that would fly as handwritten? I do my 'Please remember feedback' labels in a handwritten font. And do write 'Thank You' on the invoice. It is cheating. But, I send out an average of 20 packages on a slow day.

It's an idea for those of us that are 'challenged' in the handwriting department. Smile

WOW that's a great idea~thanks! Now I don't know who to go with Vista Print or my home PC and printer...my sister uses Vista Print and they are FREE! They look awesome too...

Now I just have to persuade her to open up an Auctiva ecom store, she left Auctiva (the free store) after getting fed up with feebay, and moved to Etsy. Anyone else selling handmade items on our List?

Her store is http://flowersbyljp.etsy.com
Her gig - pressing flowers and beading
This is what I have been doing with all my Ebay sales.

I buy 2 x 4 address labels - sheets of 10. I have been putting them on all my ebay packing slips which I include with orders.

Design once and print out a whole sheet in about 25 seconds! They are about the size of a business card so there is plenty of room to print on.

Of course you can get as creative as you want with graphics and colored print.

I have found www.lintonlabels.com
to be reasonable - a box of 1000 labels is $14.10 and they offer free shipping on Maco labels and alot of other products if you order online or mention free shipping if ordering by phone. Great customer service and fast shipping too.

Hope it helps!

Add Reply

Likes (0)