Hi Chris, if you are around can you answer a question for me. It appears that Blocking IPs is not working. I have been trying to block a certain city/country and they are getting through... I see them on my Statcounter reporting.

I have redone and updated all my ip block ranges hoping that would help but I just wanted to know if there was any known issue with IP blocking.
Original Post
Hmm - I'm not aware of any issues with that feature but will ping support to see if any cases have been submitted in the past. What IP addresses are you attempting to block?
Beijing China... example of range below.

123.125.71.12 - 123.125.71.255
220.181.108.77 - 220.181.108.255

I have some other ranges that I found that are Blacklist Banned ranges, I just added those ranges. They are different than the above ranges.
Hi Raejean -

I was able to successfully block my own IP address using the security block tool in AucCom - in your Statcounter reporting do they show the actual IP address of the visitors? I'm wondering if the visitors are using a proxy to get around IP blocking.

Just curious - why do you want to block visitors from Beijing ??

Thx,
Chris
I had one visit today that should have been blocked at my Shadows Treasure Trunk store. The IP that got through is 123.125.71.45... I have an IP range block of 123.125.71.12 through 123.125.71.255

I don't know how to add an image of my stat counter report in this message without uploading it to my AC Store, but below is the info I copied.

You are probably asking yourself why I want to block China, well I have had my product photos, product write ups etc copied from my AC store and posted on other sites in China. Even with the don't copy code I can't stop them.

Visitor Analysis & System Spec
Referring URL:
(No referring link)
Host Name: baiduspider-123-125-71-45.crawl.baidu.com Browser: Baidu
IP Address: 123.125.71.45 — [Label IP Address] Operating System: Unknown
Returning Visits: 0 Javascript: Enabled
Visit Length: Not Applicable ISP: China Unicom Beijing
Thanks of the info Dave, but still with my Ip block range it should have not been allowed.... I wonder if the entire range of 123.125.71.12 - 123.125.71.255 is China Google? Do you know how to tell?

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.